Are you looking for tyres for your Ford vehicle, but aren’t sure of the size? Our database can show you suitable products for your exact make and model. Whether you need new Ford Focus tyres, or want tyres for Ford Fiesta, our tool can quickly narrow down your search!
The History Of Ford
Henry Ford established the company in 1903 and, five years later, produced the model T, one of the earliest motor vehicles as we might recognise them today.In the 1930s, Ford cars were divided into two classes - passenger and light commercial vehicles. During World War 2, the Ford GPW model - the company’s counterpart to the Jeep Willys - was manufactured for the Army.The firm continued to develop after the war and, in 1964, the Ford Mustang was created - at the time, it was created as a sports car. Both the Ford Mustang and Falcon, created during the 1960s, helped to considerably boost sales. Ford was selling so many cars at the time, it had to reduce its production volumes to avoid paying enormous penalties for exceeding 60% of the market.
In 1980, the Ford Escort was released in Europe, but it did not sell very well due to its unattractive body style. The Sierra and Scorpio models arrived a little later, but the quality problems during this period cast a shadow over the entire company.During the 1990s, the company worked closely with its German branch, creating the very successful Mondeo and Focus models. Today, Ford is the fifth largest car manufacturer in the world and the second largest in the United States alone. By 2008, it had produced around 5.5 million cars, with roughly 213,000 employees in 90 facilities all over the world. In 2010, the company’s net profit was 6.6 billion dollars.
Popular Makes And Models
Since its early days, Ford has produced some of the most famous and iconic vehicles in the history of automotors. Its most popular, contemporary models include:
- Ford Ka
- Ford Fiesta
- Ford Focus
- Ford C-MAX
- Ford Mondeo
- Ford Fusion
- Ford Galaxy
- Ford S-MAX
- Ford Kuga
- Ford Ranger
When it comes to tyres, Ford uses numerous manufacturers, but closely works with Goodyear. This company provides tyres for Ford Focus models and even Ford Fiesta tyres. Other Goodyear tyres include:
- Both the Goodyear Vector 5+ and the Eagle Vector 2+ can be found on the Ford C-Max, Fiesta, Focus, Galaxy, Ka, Mondeo and S-Max.
- The Goodyear Excellence is used on the Ford C-Max, Fiesta, Focus, Focus ST, Fusion, Kuga, Mondeo and S-Max.
- The Goodyear UltraGrip 7+ is used on the Ford C-Max, Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Galaxy, Ka, Mondeo and Transit Connect.
- The Goodyear DuraGrip is used on the Ford Fiesta, Fusion and Transit Connect.
- The Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather is used for the Ford Kuga
- The Goodyear Wrangler AT/SA is used on the Ford Ranger
- The Goodyear Cargo G26 is used on the Ford Transit
- The Goodyear Cargo UltraGrip2 is also used on the Ford Transit.
Apart from Goodyear products, Ford has also used Bridgestone tyres
. Specifically, the Bridgestone R623
for the Ford Range, ER30
for the Ford New Fiesta and the ER300
for the Ford Focus. Alternatively, Ford has used the Michelin Energy Pilot for the Ford Focus C-MAX, the Michelin Energy for the Ford KA and the Michelin Pilot Primacy
in the Ford Mondeo.