History of the brand Fulda
Fulda is a pearl of Baroque architecture in central Germany and it is here, not far from Frankfurt, that Fulda tyres has its earliest roots.
At the start of the 20th century, Gust Becker and Moritz Hasenclever started a business that, several years later, would become a leading player in Germany’s rubber market, as well as its neighbouring countries.
The Early Years
Production began in 1901 and the first catalogue contained a wide assortment of everyday rubber products, including shoe soles, bottle washers and floor mats. In fact, Fulda’s first tyres were designed for children’s prams and horse-drawn carriages.
The logo of Fulda tyres
In the following years, the company gradually moved closer to its main destiny: the production of car tyres. Fulda quickly began producing both bicycle and motorcycle tyres before releasing its first automobile tyre in 1906. By the start of the next decade - the 1910’s - its range of bike tyre models, called Diadem, Transport and Gebirgsreifen (for mountain bikes) proved to be a strong commercial success. The firm supplied its customers with ten different types of tyre treads and a one-year guarantee on all its products.
A licence for Continental
In 1915, Fulda launched its first range of tyres for goods vehicles. The Sembusto model had steel springs, which were a substitute for the elasticity of ...
Read more >