Dębica SA tyre company is the biggest tyre producer in Poland. The first plant was opened in 1939.
In 1991, the national plant was transformed into a one-man-company. In 1994, the company made its debut on the Stock Exchange Market in Warsaw. Since 1995, Dębica has become a part of Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.
Since 1997, Dębica has been the only one of the Goodyear’s plants in Europe, which produces tyres for agriculture.
Dębica is selling their products all over the world. It exports tyres to e.g. Great Britain, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, USA and Brasil. The company produces under Dębica, Dunlop, Goodyear, Fulda and Sava logos.
The producer offers budget class tyres for passenger cars, trucks and agricultural vehicles.
History of the brand
Today, Debica tyres are well beloved and a popular choice among drivers, but how did this company first come to be?
The firm initially started in 1937, around the time the United States was celebrating the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, George VI was crowned the King of Great Britain and the Hungarian Albert Szent-Gyorgyi received the Nobel Prize for medicine. For poland, however, it marked the initial construction of factories that would later become the country’s largest tyre manufacturer.
The logo for Debica tyres.
This began with the Polish government’s decision to build a central industrial region, one of the most important economic undertakings in Poland’s interwar history. The plans involved a factory, producing synthetic rubber, tyres and paints, in the Sub-Carpathian region.
These technological plans were produced by the American E. Hoover, with assistance from Edward Wróblewski, the manager for the construction division of Stomil, located in the Polish town of Poznań.
Further technical designs were produced by specialists from the American General Tire and Rubber Company, in collaboration with three Polish investors: Kazimierz Obrębski, Henryk Sagan and Wiktor Piotrowski.
A little over a year later, a 59,500 cubic metre production hall was ready for operation. This was equipped with the most modern ...